- For consideration of participation in the FeelGood campaign, I, the undersigned, waive and release Pieta, directors, officers, administrators, representatives and executors, past and present employees, volunteers, coordinators, supervisors, participants, all cities (incl. for all international cities), counties, assigns, all sponsors, their representatives and successors, and other persons (collectively, the "Releasees"), from any and all claims, liabilities, or causes of action arising out of an injury to me (or my child) and from any and all claims, liabilities, or causes of action arising from my (or my child's) participation or attendance in this event.
- I, acknowledge that I should not enter and participate in any manner unless I am medically and physically able. I further agree that if at any time I believe conditions or equipment to be unsafe, I will immediately cease participation and will promptly notify a representative of Pieta House of such unsafe conditions or equipment. I further attest and verify that I am in good health and able to participate in the Event. In the event that I am unable to consent on my own because of an injury or illness, I consent to and authorise Pieta House and its representatives to obtain emergency medical treatment for me in case of any illness or injury resulting from or occurring during my participation. I understand and accept that any medical costs incurred with respect to emergency medical treatment will be my responsibility.
- For any and all injury, death, illness, property damage, or any loss suffered or sustained by me which is in any way associated with my participation in, travel to and from, or other activity associated with Pieta House, I do hereby, for myself, my heirs, assigns, next of kin, personal representatives, administrators, and executors, forever covenant not to sue and waive, release, and/or discharge any and all rights and claims for any expenses, damages, or other losses which I may have or which may hereinafter accrue against Pieta House and/or its representatives, officers, directors, employees, agents, sponsors, successors, assigns (the “Releases”), whether caused by the negligence of the Releases or otherwise. I agree to abide by all participant rules and policies adopted by Pieta.
- I assume all risks associated with my participation, including injuries to person and property, or death, whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
- I also grant full permission for the free use of my name, picture, and voice in any broadcast, telecast, print account or any account in any medium used in connection with this event or future events of Pieta.
- If under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must read and agree to the terms of the waiver and release.
- Any individual 18 years and over who wishes to participate in this event is obliged to register themselves, read the terms and conditions and accept the waiver.
- I agree that if any portion of this Release is deemed to be invalid, the remainder of the Release will still be binding and enforceable.
TERMS OF ENTRY
FeelGood is provided by Pieta, a charity, registered in Ireland with Charities Regulatory Authority (CRA) 20062026 whose registered office is at Lucan Road, Lucan, Co. Dublin, Ireland. Pieta is a charity registered with the Irish Revenue Commissioners, number CHY16913.
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully as they are the terms on which the contract between you and the Charity will operate (the Agreement). They comprise the rules of participation in FeelGood and are what you have agreed to when entering.
CREDIT AND DEBIT CARDS - All transactions will be processed by Funraisin. "Pieta" will appear on your credit/debit card statement
ALCOHOL AND DRUGS - No alcohol or drugs are to be used during your participation
BEHAVIOUR - By entering the Event you agree to follow the reasonable directions of the Charity and Partner charity and abide by the rules of the Event which shall be communicated to you from time to time.
MEDICAL INFORMATION AND LIABILITY - You are responsible for your own medical condition. If you are in doubt about your ability to take part in or finish your Event or you have any medical condition, consult your doctor. Pieta does not accept any liability for the health of the entrant. Charity advises that you should have personal insurance that covers you for participating in road walking events. The Charity reserves the right to require any person to withdraw from the Event.
DISABLED ENTRANTS –People with disabilities are more than welcome to take part in the Event.
SPONSORSHIP MONEY RAISED - You are not permitted to use any of the sponsor money that you raise in relation to your entry into the Event to pay for your expenses. If you do not pass all of the money that you raise to Pieta you may be committing a criminal offence. You are not permitted to use your entry to raise money other than for Pieta or to pass on funds raised for Pieta to other charities (this includes but is not limited to any fundraising taking place online). Any money raised by you relating to your participation in the Event must be paid to Pieta. Pieta will use the money raised for its general charitable purposes.
LIABILITY - None of Pieta, any charity benefiting from grants from Pieta or the sponsors of the Event have any liability in relation to the Event for any loss, damage, injury, consequential loss suffered by any entrant personally or to their property as a result of their entry to or participation in the Event.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY (IP) - Pieta owns the IP rights in the name FeelGood. These rights include both trademarks and copyright. You are not permitted to use any of the rights owned by Pieta, or these terms and conditions, for your own purposes or to raise funds for Pieta other than in connection with events and challenges approved by Pieta. Pieta reserves the right to delete inappropriate or proprietary information that is posted on the site by users, local volunteer organisers and on the fundraising pages and/or team pages.
COMPLAINTS - If you have any complaints or queries, please write to the Project Leader, Pieta, First Floor, Greenhills Retail Park, Greenhills Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24.
LEGAL INFORMATION - This Agreement is only available in English and a copy will be available on the FeelGood website. It shall be governed by the law of Ireland and be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Ireland, and you hereby submit to the jurisdiction of said courts.
Pieta House as the data controller contracts 3rd parties to process and fulfill event registrations (including entry fees), maintain the database of registrants, and actions fulfilling registration such as delivering participants t-shirts.
We process the following types of data about people:
- Name and contact information
- Financial details
- Registration for event
- Date of Birth
- Gender identity
We process data about people for the following purposes:
- Registration of participants and fundraisers for FeelGood
- Online fundraising
- Processing financial transactions such as entry fee payments
- Organizing events and maintaining event registration
- Communications about this event and future related events by Pieta and/or its partner charity
- Communications about the work of Pieta House and/ or its partner charity
- We may be legally obliged to share your data with government agencies, for example for financial compliance.
We will not sell your data or allow third party access to databases or use of your data for other purposes. We keep your data for 12 months from date of the event. If you wish to be removed from our contact list or have other questions about how we use your data you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are your rights and who should you contact?
Contact Details for the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner
Telephone: +353 57 8684800 / +353(0)761 104 800 / Lo Call No. 1890 252 231
Address: Data Protection Commissioner, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois.
I grant full permission for the free use of my name, picture, and voice in any broadcast, telecast, print account or any account in any medium used in connection with this event or future events of Pieta House.